Sunday, November 21, 2010

8 Months

I told your daddy the other day I feel like we have a toddler! We are constantly running into people out and about and they are all amazed at how big you are for your age! I feel like I'm packing around an amazon baby! If I hear 'oh my daughter/granddaughter/niece is twice her age and not near that big' I'm going to scream! So let's see how big you are. At 8 months you are weighing about 21lbs, wearing 9-12 month clothes, 12 months sleepers and size 3 diaper. You're still eating cereal in the mornings and a fruit and vegetable at night. We sometimes throw a meat in there just to change things up.

You love sitting in the floor playing with your toys and will do so for hours. You like it when we sit down and play with you but you are also content playing by yourself.

You are full of endless chatter and you make the funniest sounds! You are for sure saying daddy and bye bye but you have no idea the appropriate time to use those words.

We still have no movement from you in any form. The moment your belly hits the floor you are in tears. We have started letting you stand up and you do so really well. We can put your hands on the couch and you will stand there by yourself for a few seconds. Daddy is working to see if he can get you to walk. I'm not getting my hopes up because you are pretty lazy when it comes to moving these days.


This weekend we went to Muncie to celebrate Thanksgiving and to meet Nora.


She is so sweet and so very tiny. Daddy kept saying he doesn't remember you that small and the sad thing is it wasn't that long ago but it seems like forever!

Oh how things change so fast!

Daddy trying to remember how to hold such a delicate baby!




You were pretty clingy to me this weekend for some reason. You didn't mind for other people to have you but if I was around you were reaching for me. Oh which you started doing these past few weeks!



As I was holding Nora, you weren't digging me not being able to hold you. You whined a bit but I let you get over it.

We love this 6 to 9 month period and we are really looking forward to your reaction to the Christmas season. We love you Gee!
Oh and we want to give a shout out to Uncle Mayo.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW UNCLE MAYO! YOU CAN DO IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW what an exciting weekend we had. Paps and I were talking before everyone got here about how at this time last year we had 1 granddaughter (Aubrey) and this year we have 3 granddaughters. It was our first time to have all the "girls" together and what fun - we loved every minute of it - even if we did have a sick one in the group. You are such a beautiful and happy little girl with the biggest and most beautiful eyes we have ever seen!!Mommy and daddy love you so much as does grams and paps. This is only the beginning of many happy times together as our family continues to grow and we will cherish every minute of it. We cannot wait for Christmas when we can all get together again. Thanks again to all for a wonderful weekend.

Love you all much,

Grams & Paps.