Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Fun Continued

Our week was full of Halloween fun!

Wednesday night, the church where C's goes to school, hosted a trunk or treat.  We hadn't planned on going but as soon as I got home, C informed me that we were indeed going.  Apparently, her teacher had told them about the event and C took that as we HAD to go.

We got C dressed and out the door we went.


I'm not a huge trunk or treat fan mainly because I like the tradition of going door to door but C had a good time and got lots of goodies.

Side Note:  I had several people ask what C was supposed to be.  After convincing her not be to Elsa (bad mother award!), she said she wanted to be a My Little Pony.  She went back and forth on which one she wanted to be but finally settled on Rarity.  I pulled up some ideas on Pinterest and let her pick which costume she liked best.  Naturally, we couldn't look like a normal pony, we had to look like the girl version.  I made a few little changes like the headband with ears and horn and I also added a tail.


I was completely fine with no one knowing what she was.  She was happy with her outfit and that's all this mama cares about!

 At dance on Thursday, C's teacher told the girls they could wear their costumes.  Their teacher loves Halloween so we just thought she wanted to see the girls in their costumes.  What we didn't know is that they would put on a little show for us.


It was so cute and the girls had a blast!

Finally on Halloween, C had a big party at school and instead of wearing their costumes, they wore black and orange.


Friday night, we went to my parent's and went trick or treating in their neighborhood.


Since it was sooo cold, we only went to a few houses.  C really didn't care because she was dying to get back to pass out candy.  Every time the doorbell rang, she jumped up and ran to the door.  It was the highlight of her whole night.

No comments: