Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Warrior

Brent labeled me the Weekend Warrior this weekend.  I had a goal set and I was bound and determined to get it done.

My project:  Cecilia's Room Redo.

It started on Friday night.  I moved the furniture, move C's mattress to our room and started trimming out the walls.  C was a little excited about the mattress move.


She has bounced and played on it all weekend.  I will be remembering this for a rainy/snowy day.


Saturday morning, I hit the floor running.  Brent had to work later that day so I HAD to get it done before he left.  Mission accomplished but not without some blisters.  Yikes!  Her room isn't completely finished.  I have a few more accessories to get, shelves to hang and curtains to hang but I'm over the biggest hurdle.


I love how it turned out and C is pretty happy too.  She made me a little nervous yesterday when Brent asked if she liked the pink or blue walls better, she said pink.


Thankfully after it was all done, she loved it!

And because I thought C should have a little fun of her own, we made cupcakes while we waited for the paint to dry.


She loves being in the kitchen and was proud of how they turned out.


My hands are blistered, my back hurts but my project list is getting shorter and that makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Adorable! Very "big girl"! Is the paint a faux finish? It doesn't look solid, it looks awesome!