Monday, February 24, 2014

Lots of Birthday Fun

Thursday was my birthday and we celebrated by going to dinner with my parents.  I had no idea where I wanted to eat so I let C pick.  Naturally, she picked Olive Garden because she wanted noodles.  We stuffed ourselves silly and had zero room for dessert so our waitress brought this out instead.
 
 
Major storms were brewing (or so we thought) that night so C and I spent the remainder of the evening sitting in the hallway.
 

 
This lead into a lesson on tornados and we watched a few videos because C needed to know what we were talking about and why we had to sit in the hall.  Thankfully is wasn't as big of a deal as we had thought.
 
Saturday, Brent and I passed C off to my parents and we hit the road to do some antique shopping.  Actually, we passed C off to my dad because she had her BFF's birthday party that morning and he so graciously took.
 
 
Clearly this was her sad face because her mama wasn't there.

C and her BF Addisyn
 
After the party, they meet up with my mom and hit the park.


 
It's really hard looking at these pictures because you can really see how bad she is missing us.

 
Honestly, its great we can leave her and know that she is having a blast.  Brent and I actually had a pretty fantastic time ourselves.
 
Thanks to my hairdresser, we found the cutest little drugstore that had the BEST old fashion milkshakes!

 
Good way to start our day!
 
We headed to Nashville after that and hit just about every antique store we could find.  Some were complete busts and others we found lots of cools things.
 
Two of our favorite purchases was a whiskey barrel.

 
And the other was this vintage baseball glove.

 
Brent almost passed it up until I convinced him he had to have it.
 
It was the perfect day to be hopping in and out of stores.  I'm not sure if I've ever had a 60 degree weather birthday.  It was nice!
 
We ended the day with dinner at PF Chang's and a relaxing night of not having to entertain a 3 year old.

No comments: