Monday, March 24, 2014

F-O-U-R

Thursday, Cecilia turned 4.  As in 1,2,3,4. 

This year has hit me harder than any other.  Maybe it's because she is becoming more independent each day and acting more like a little person than a toddler.  What ever the reason, I'm struggling.  But before I end up in a puddle, I'll share how we celebrated C turning 4.

I decorated our house a little more than I normally do mainly because we couldn't decorate at the place that I had her party.  Which was fine.  It made our house a little more festive.




Of course C didn't mind one bit.  She loved everything being pink and Hello Kitty.



After I got off work, Brent and I took C bowling.  This was actually at her request.  She has been asking us for a couple of weeks to go bowling and we thought her birthday was the perfect time for her first experience.



She LOVED it and couldn't get enough!


 She was pretty good too.  We had the bumpers up but she kept it down the middle the majority of the time.  The first bowling experience was definitely a success!

The three of us, along with my parents, went to dinner at Cracker Barrel (another one of C's request) and then headed back to our house for gifts and cake. 


Since I had ordered a big cake for her party, we just picked up a small little cake for the 5 of us to enjoy.


C made her Pap work for his cake.


Who needs clowns when you've got a Pap that will juggle on your bday!

Then it was time for PRESENTS!!!


On Saturday, we had a party with all of C's friends at a local ceramic painting place.




Lots of her friends came and all the girls seemed to have a good time.

C and her friend Lucie

The girls were super serious about painting and hardly made a sound.

                     



They got to play while we cleaned up the painting mess.


And then it was cake time!


I was in LOVE with her cake!  We are super lucky to know a pretty awesome girl who makes amazing cakes that not only look fabulous but taste just as good as they look.


C got SUPER shy during the Happy Birthday song and I tried not to have a breakdown.

C also got this cute little plaque with her name on it and all her friend's thumbprints who attended the party.


So sweet!
Our fun wasn't over after the party.  One of C's dance friends also had a party Saturday so half of our party did a quick change and ran across town to party #2.
Her friend, Darby, had a Princess Sophia party and all the little girls got to dress like their favorite princess.


 The girls made necklaces, ran around like crazy and spent some time hanging out with Princess Sophie herself!

C had so much fun, we nearly had a meltdown when the party was over.  I reminded her that she still had one more party to attend the next day.  Yes that makes 3 birthday parties in 2 days!  We are just wild and crazy like that!
Lucie, pictured above with C, had a fun party at Tumble Town where all the kids got to run around, do flips and jump on a trampoline.  I got zero pictures because for once C wasn't attached to my hip and ran off to do her thing.  She stayed busy hopping from one thing to the next and having a blast! 
  
Whew!  After a weekend like that, it will take me until next weekend to recover but we had a lot of fun celebrating with all C's little friends.

No comments: