Monday, March 31, 2014

Pre-K and Clifford

Last Monday was C's first day in the Pre-K class at her daycare.


We honestly weren't expecting this until the fall but her other class was getting full and they needed to move some of the kids around.  C was thrilled!  A few of her BF's had already moved up so this made the transition super easy.  Well for her at least.  I'm having a hard time realizing that she is so close to going to school for real but this class is a good head start for us.  

Her new teacher is hard core about getting them prepared for school and makes them stay in line no matter who they are.  There is no babying and no favorites like in our other classes.  She scares me a little but C seems to love her and the class so it looks like I'm the only one who needs to suck it up.

We did get to have some fun over the weekend with the class "pet", Clifford.


Each student gets to take Clifford home over the weekend and on Monday, turn in pictures of your adventures.  No pressure at ALL to have a fabulous weekend so you don't seem like the lamest family EVER to a bunch of 4 year olds.  And it didn't help that C started the weekend off saying 'Clifford's sad.  He misses his mama and daddy' so I felt even more pressure for Clifford to have a good time so he wouldn't be sad and he would like us!  

So we made everything seem super exciting like our trip to the DMV on Friday afternoon.


Our lazy Friday nights when we are in our pjay's at 5:30pm and sitting around watching movies and eating popcorn.


C did provide us with some entertainment on Saturday afternoon when they played dress up and put on a show.



I bet no one else has put a tutu on Clifford.

After church on Sunday, we took Clifford to TSC to see the baby chickens. 



C LOVES when they have the chicks and begs every year for us to get some.  It is a little hard to walk away from those cute little things but then I remember what they look like all grown up and how they smell and well, NO THANK YOU!

Later that afternoon, my mom came to town because C and I needed a break from the NCAA tournament and needed more adventures for Clifford so he wouldn't be sad.  (Seriously at this point I felt sorry for Clifford because he was always sad and missed his mama.  Should I be worried that this is coming from my child's imagination or should I be more concerned that I'm worried about a STUFFED animal?)

We took him to the library and read him some books,


then went to Sams, the mall and out to eat.  Not the most exciting weekend ever but hey we did our best and C thought it was the greatest thing ever to have Clifford at our house.  I'm just glad it's over because worrying about Clifford has taken its toll on me.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I think it is adorable that C is so sensitive to Clifford's feelings! :) Glad you all had a good weekend!