Thursday, August 13, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten

Tuesday was the day I've been dreading since C was born.  It marked the day where I would have less protection over her and the day when time would really start flying by.  I do believe I was more nervous than her but she had no clue.  We have made a huge deal out of her starting school so to her, she thought we were ecstatic and couldn't wait for her first day.


To celebrate, I decorated the table and made her cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  She got dressed and ready faster than I've ever seen her and was ready to get the day started.

Overly excited smile.

She'll be mad I posted this picture because she HATES the orange vest they have to wear.  She rips it off as soon as she gets in the car in the afternoons.  :)


When we walked into school, they had music blaring and teachers out in the hall greeting all the students.  A sign it was going to be an awesome year. 


After finding her desk, she put her backpack and lunchbox in her cubie, we hugged and she went to sit on the floor with the rest of her classmates 


I made it halfway down the hall before I started crying.  In my defense, I was going to hold it together until I got to the car but I passed another mom bawling as she was walking her son to class and I couldn't hold the tears back.  I cried off and on all morning.

Not only have I worried about sending her out into the world, I've also worried that she wouldn't have a good first year of school especially when none of her friends were in her class.  I had a horrible Kindergarten experience and didn't want the same for her.  All those worries melted away when I saw this face getting into the car.


We celebrated with ice cream.


Later that night, I was getting her out of the bath and found an eyelash on her face.  I told her to make a wish.  "I wish I was all grown up."


It will happen soon enough chick.  

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad she had a good day! I hear she's in the same class as our friend, Jack! Hopefully they'll buddy up! :)

Momois said...

Have mercy! Momois is not ready for her to grow up that fast!