Wednesday, August 26, 2015

New Schedules Stink

I can't even pretend that this new school schedule isn't kicking our butts.  B and I feel like we've been chewed up and spit out every morning.  We actually got decent sleep last night but woke up still feeling like we've been hit by a semi.  I know we will eventually get used to the schedule but for now we are barely surviving.  Is it Fall Break yet?

As if adjusting to a new schedule hasn't been enough, we've been running here, there and yonder as well.  Two weekends ago, we went to B's hometown for a surprise birthday party for his grandmother.  She was turning 80 and deserved a big party.  And of course a trip north means lots of cousin time.


Muncie has this cool little place called The Island that takes you out of the city and into the beach, sand and all.  The kids loved it!


This is Nora and C's shocked face.  Well it's Nora shocked face.  I'm not sure what face of C's this is but I can tell you its not dramatic or over the top.

Saturday, was mainly spent with the kids playing and us gathering last minute items for the party.  Sunday, was the big surprise party and we had the best turn out!

I used the "Having a Ball Since 1935" theme because if you don't know, Ball jars are made in Muncie so it seemed fitting.





We used lots of old pictures as decorations as well as Ball jars.  I love seeing a person's life in pictures and they are always a good conversation starter.



I also love seeing how much things cost and what happened that year.  A new house was $3,450.00.  Crazy.



Lots of friends and family showed up and it was nice catching up with people who we don't see that often.





As a gift to B's grandmother, all of us grandkids got together for a photo shoot.  It was the most comical 30 minutes I've had in my life. We had crying babies, sassy girls and adults who were less than thrilled about being there but the pictures turned out great and it was a huge surprise to his grandmother.


Just as we were getting over the jam packed weekend, I picked C up from school on Wednesday and she tells me her head and stomach hurt.  Nothing unusual, as she fakes these symptoms often to get out of whatever we've asked her to do.  I offered her a brownie I brought her from work and she told me she didn't want it.  I kid you not, I texted B right then and there and told him C was sick.  If she passes on chocolate, I know she's sick.

She spent her evening looking like this...



I took her to the doctor the next morning to test her for strep which resulted in me holding her down while the rudest nurse we've ever had jammed those cotton swab things down her throat.  I came close to punching the nurse but since B wasn't here to hold C, I thought better of it.  

Both tests came back negative for strep so we are guessing she got a bad case of the school germs.  We are barely into the school year and she's already taken 2 sick days.  Nice.

Thankfully, she perked up by lunch and was begging for Chic-fil-a for dinner.  I swear she can recover about as fast as she can get sick.


 We moved pretty slow this past weekend because well, a new schedule and a sick kid will suck the life right out of you.

C was banned from touching her brother for 48 hours while she was sick and recovering.  It nearly KILLED her not to touch or kiss him.  She made up for it once the ban was over.




Thanks Bubberz for being a good sport about it.  :)

No comments: