Monday, October 17, 2016

Most Wonderful Time of Year


We finally got our much needed beach vacation over Fall Break.


My parents, my brother and his family went too. 

 I would love to say it was as relaxing as the last time but we brought along two extra kids under the age of two.  And even though we love all the kids very much, vacations are more of adventures than time to relax at this stage in their lives.

We would start each morning with playtime/puzzle time in the condo.




Then we would head down to the beach.


C was still all about making sand castles.

U wasn't feeling the beach so the first few days he preferred to stay under the umbrella with snacks.


He came around on Thursday and finally got his feet in the ocean.


We loved getting to spend that time my brother, SIL and Jack.


Of course, I'm not sure Jack felt the same.  I'm the Baby Snatcher and when he sees me, it usually means his mama is about to disappear.


I am happy to report I gained a little trust back by the end of the week but he still makes sure he can see his mama out of the corner of his eye when I come around.  :)

One afternoon, we took a break from the beach and spent a few hours at a place that had go carts, mini golf and a few rides for little ones.

C got super brave and drove a go cart all by herself.


U wanted anything with a steering wheel.




B and C did get on the big track and even though C's face looks annoyed, she had a blast riding.



We ended up going back two more times because it was the only thing that would keep both kids entertained longer than two minutes.

I have to document B on this TINY kid train.


I had no idea he was getting on until I noticed he wasn't around after putting the kids on it.  HA!  He said he was going to enjoy some of the rides too.

U loved riding most of the rides but about halfway through, he would be over it and would cry the rest of the time.  It was pretty embarrassing amazing.


C's favorite ride, and my least favorite, was the bumper cars.


Thankfully, we didn't have any young boys taking it a too seriously.

Our last day at the beach, my dad rented a kayak for a couple of hours.

We all took our turn kayaking in the ocean.

(discloser: U is merely a photo prop.  He didn't get to ride.)



After seven great days, we had to get back to life where repairs had to be done


and where little boys go to church with sucker in their hair because their mamas forgot to give them a bath the night before.


*Sigh* I already need another vacation.

1 comment:

Emily said...

B on the tiny train - LOL!

Also, C looks way too grown up in that last picture with her adorable glasses!