Wednesday, October 7, 2009

15 Weeks and The Big Debate

Today we went for our 15 week check-up. Everything was good and normal; heartbeat sounded good and I gained 3 POUNDS!!! Oops! My doctor said that I shouldn't worry about those 3 lbs; that I was allowed to gain that much, but HELLO! Guess I'm going to have to lay off those fries and chips I have been inhaling for the past couple of weeks! Dang and they were soooo good! But all good things must come to an end.

We also made our next appointment which will tell us if (as I put it to my parents) we see a Suzie or Willy. Brent and I are super excited and are counting down the days. Nov 4 is my appointment and trust me when I find out you will probably be able to hear my squeal from the doctor's office but in case you don't, I will of course post their first picture.

Now, to the debate part of my post. For the past couple of weeks Brent and I have had several debates about my growing belly or lack there of according to him. I keep assuring him that I am getting bigger and that I used to be able to button my pants. He, however, looks at my small swell and says he sees no change. REALLY? So each day it has been my goal to wear something that will assure him that I am getting bigger. This still doesn't help nor does him watching me bounce around the room trying to fit in my jeans. The boy just didn't get it. Well, lucky that all changed today. We had a bet going about my weight gain. He said none and I said 5 pounds. As soon as the nurse announced the number, I turned and said 'HA!' Of course then he had to tease me when discussing who was going to get the last piece of cake. With a big smile, he told me I looked like I needed cake. Hey its strawberry so it counts as a fruit, right? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should take a picture of your belly of each month. we did that it was neat to put them all together and see the changes month to month.

Kelli said...

I want pics of that belly!!!