Sunday, October 11, 2009

It Was a DIY Kinda Saturday

I have been promising Brent that I would make us a headboard for our room for about a year now. Every time I found time to do it something would come up or I would have another project that needed to be done first. Well this weekend when our plans to go out of town changed I told Brent that we were making the headboard, no excuses. I was tired of him telling me how good the headboard looked (his cute way of reminding me to get it done).

So we woke up on Saturday headed to Hobby Lobby to get material; sweet they were running a sale on material. Lowe's for plywood, Wal Mart for batting (what no foam?), Hancock Fabrics for foam and back to Wal Mart for d-rings. We finally got home and I went to work. I think it took us longer to run around town for all the supplies then it did for me to make it and him to hang it. This is by far the easiest project I have done for the house. I was a little nervous that it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted but once we had it up I was satisfied, for now anyway. I am so glad to have this project done because I am bound and determined to have our room complete before we have to start working on the baby's room. I am so particular about what I want that it usually take me forever to decide on something. My final piece of the puzzle right now is curtains and I have been searching for curtains since last November! Hopefully I won't be this bad when it comes to the nursery or this poor child won't have a complete room when they are born!





Our finished product. Simple I know but who knows how long it will stay that way!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey, that looks really good! I jokingly told Brent you all could make us one for Jason's room but I think I'm serious.

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!! love it!