Monday, August 19, 2013

The Weekend

Friday night, C made a spur of the moment trip to my parent's.
 
 
She has been asking for a week to go stay with them and we made that happen on Friday.  This is her 'I'm SUPER excited but don't want to show it' face. 
 
My parent's got the full C show because when I called around 1pm on Saturday, they were both ready for a nap.  Too bad C wasn't!  :)  I laughed and told them welcome to our world!
 
And you would think that with all that free time, Brent and I would have done something exciting and spent loads of time together.  That would be a negative.  Friday night, we watched a few DVRs but I spent most of my evening in my craft room working on a few things while he enjoyed uninterrupted TV.
 
Saturday morning, we got up did a few chores, then set off for a run.  I think I need to tell you that I am NOT a runner. This is me... 
Fo' real
I tried to run back before I had C when my brother, Dad and Brent convinced me 'anyone can run.  it's not hard.'  Well after 2 seconds of running, I almost died.  Literally, I almost had to call Brent to come get me.  My lungs burned, my mouth went completely dry and I had to crawl back to the house.
 
Anyway, I feel like I see nothing but runners and everyone is doing The Couch to 5K, so I talked myself and Brent into doing it.  It has basically gone about the same as before only I can't quit because Brent and C go with me and I didn't want to look like a wimp.  Of course Brent being the athlete was all 'hey this isn't that bad' as he pushes the 50 pound stroller and I'm all 'AIR', 'MEDIC.'  But I'm doing it whether it kills me or not.
 
After recovering from our run, I did what I love to do best when I don't have a child or a husband...I went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's!
 
While at Hobby Lobby I got the idea to make C a new dance bag and ended up whipping this up Saturday afternoon...
 
 
Love, love, love it!  She was pretty pumped about it too!
 
That night we met my parent's at Olive Garden to eat and get C back.  C was super thrilled to come back home.

 
NOT!  Hot messy anyone?
 
I had to threaten no more dance a few times before she FINALLY stopped crying.  Mercy!
 
After a lazy day yesterday, we are ready to start our week.

1 comment:

Momoi said...

Bless her heart! I was practically crying myself :(