Monday, October 28, 2013

Girl Time

C and I had the chance to have a little girls weekend while Brent was out of town visiting friends.
 
We didn't have time to do lots of girly things because I was busy getting prepared/hosting a baby shower but we managed to fit in a few fun activities.
 
I had some last minute running to do on Saturday night and C asked if I would take her to the mall the ride the carousel.  Sure!
 
 
After that,  she told me she wanted to walk around and look.  I've trained her right!
 
We came home ate dinner and played our 50th game of Candyland.

 
The child LOVES this game and we play multiple times a day.
 
Sunday was the baby shower so the majority of my day was filled with hosting duties.  That night, my parent's church was hosting its annual Hoedown and we went but not before enjoying one of our favorite Cajun meals...red beans and rice!  YUMMM!

 
So blessed my dad has Louisiana blood in him because some of my favorite meals are jambalaya and red beans and rice.
 
Our fairy princess...
 
 
There were lots of fun little activities for the kids to enjoy like pumpkin decorating,

 
cupcake walk, bowling and a few tossing games.

 
C had a great time other than one of the adults dressed like the Michelin Man.  She kept one eye on him all night and stared freaking about as soon as he got within 20 feet of her.  Halloween is definitely not a favorite of hers.
 
We ended the night, like all great days with no nap and lots of activities, with a car ride home with a screaming, crying, tired 3 year old.  She finally passed out on the way home and I wasn't far behind her.

No comments: