Monday, January 27, 2014

B-O-R-I-N-G is Our Name-O

We are so boring right now.  Between the weather and a cold that I can't shake, there has been a lot of nothing going on at the ole homestead.  I'm so over the cold and ready for spring.

About the only fun we've had is watching C go into complete meltdown mode over taking Band-Aids and stickers off her leg.


This is after I took her Band-Aid off from getting her flu shot at HER request.  For 5 minutes after the Band-Aid came off, she would scream every other breath.  I hated to laugh but I'm inappropriate and it was hilarious.

Fast forward a week, girlfriend entertains herself by sticking 100 TINY stickers to her leg.

this was at the halfway point.

For 15 minutes, she screamed/cried as I tried to get all the stickers off.  She would jerk my hand away and scream "NO" in the same breath as pleading with me to get them off.  She got even madder when I laughed.  Again, I'm inappropriate.  I'm pretty sure she won't be doing this again but I can't guarantee it.

After all that drama, we had family craft time.  Brent was thrilled as you can imagine.  Bless his heart, his creativity level is at a  negative 2 but C wanted him in there so he gave it a try.  This was the outcome.


I made the turtle, Brent gave him a face and put marks on his shell and C named it Clarabell.  Not too shabby and C was impressed.

About the only other thing going on in our house is I'm redoing our bedroom which is requiring lots of DIY since my budget is umm zero.  But I've managed to redo our headboard,


 and paint our side tables.


I have some art projects to work on and I still need to paint but that requires lots of mind tricks to get Brent to agree to help and I just haven't had the energy.  :)

No comments: