Monday, September 22, 2014

24 Weeks

Baby bump at 24 weeks...


Oh how I wish I had a list of things to update you on but sadly NOTHING has changed.  I'm still nauseous but thankfully its not all day.  I can usually control it by eating a little something or popping some hard candy in my mouth.

The baby moves 85% of the day which kicks up the nausea fun factor.  Nothing like feeling like you are about to lose it and having a baby kick every organ in your body.  It's good times.

I'm not even keeping up with my weight this time around but it's pretty clear I've gained more this time around and I really just don't care.  I told B the other day it look liked I was carrying a baby in the front and in the back.  #mamasgotabooty  I'm not eating a ridiculous amount but I'm not watching every bite either.  And the doctor seems ok with my weight so I'm not worrying about.

The nursery still isn't done and is still being used as my paint room/storage room.  I blame B on this one because he is supposed to be painting the room and hasn't yet so I'm not motivated to do anything.  Clearly the walls don't have to be painted for me to make the art work to hang but its the excuse I like to use so I'm going with it.  :)

We do have cute diapers though.


I found The Honest Company about a month ago and ordered one of their diaper bundles when they were on sale and I was so excited when the box arrived!  How cute is his tush going to be?!

We still have no name and don't seem to be in a rush to find one.  There are a few names we like and B actually came up with a good one last week but we haven't declared it a winner yet.  The good news is we are only looking for a first name.  I've had a middle name picked out before B and I were even dating and I'm not comprising on it.  He has only tried to buck me a few times but once I told him the story behind it, he hasn't said anything else. Of course my raging hormones may have something to do with it too.  He isn't fond of the crazy beast that comes out when he disagrees with me.  I blame the male hormones running inside me.  With C, I was very emotional and cried a lot but this time around instead of crying, I just want to punch people in the face and move on.  It is a daily struggle to hold back.

C is still very much excited about the baby.  She asked the other day if she could hold the baby anytime she wanted and if she could feed the baby at supper time.  She also asked if she could be in the room when the doctor pulled him out.  I died.  For one, she knows too much at 4 years old especially since we have NEVER talked about it.  And two, that B's response was maybe.  Maybe?  He has clearly forgotten what goes on in the delivery room.  I barely want to be in there myself and I'm pretty sure I remember him almost going white when C made her appearance.

Other that than, the Millers are just keeping busy with life and hoping we get our stuff together before this baby arrives.


2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Kacie, you make me giggle. :) Keep the updates coming! Your bump is so cute! I just feel like I'm turning into a big fatty fat fatterson. :) We need to get together soon!!

Momoi said...

Ok, so now the curiosity is killing me concerning the middle name! I'll drive myself crazy trying to recall every incident throughout your childhood. :)