Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Update

Another crazy busy weekend is in the books.

Friday night, C went to spend the night with my parents.  It was the last night of the summer that my hometown was having music on the square and C has been begging all summer to 'go in Pap's jeep and sit on the road and listen to music.'  

Can you tell she was a little excited?

Waiting for my dad to come get her.



While we were childless, B and I went out to eat, ran a few errands and then rented a movie.  I even managed to stay up past 8:30pm.  I was living wild and carefree!  Ha!

Saturday morning, B headed off to work and I headed out to help a friend set up for a wedding.  After set up, I made a mad dash to meet my mom so I could grab C just before heading off to a birthday party for one of her school friends.


They had a huge bounce house set up and the kids played on it for a solid hour. 


They would have continued to play but someone said cupcakes and they all came running! :)


It didn't last long though.  As soon as they shoved the cupcake down, they were off again.


One of our biggest blessings with C's school has been the friendships she has made.  Her group has been together for several years and they have the best time with each other.  C isn't liking school right now but if you tell her she won't see her friends, she immediately changes her tune and wants to go.  I'm already getting sad that we will all split up next year when everyone goes to kindergarten.  I'm seeing lots of play dates in our future.

Sunday, after church and a quick lunch, C and I went to my Nanny's so I could use her sewing machine.  Mine finally gave up and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get next so in the meantime, I'm borrowing.  Not that my Nanny cares.  She got to have playtime with C and honest to goodness, she giggles and carries on as much as C.

They went to see the cows then came back to play cars in the kitchen floor.  I love several things about my Nanny but when it came to us kids and now C, no matter what she was doing (canning, sewing, working in the garden), she would stop and come play with us.  I remember getting several 'don't bother Nanny if she is doing something' speeches when I was little and would ride my bike to her house but it didn't matter whether I bothered her or not, she would always stop and play but I do believe she loved playing with us just as much as we loved playing with her.

On our way home, we made a quick delivery to friend of mine.  She is redoing her daughter's bedroom and had an old chair she wanted me to makeover.  I loved how it turned out and thankfully so did she!


Now I can't wait to see it in her room once it's all done.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Very cute chair! You're so talented, chick!