Thursday, January 29, 2015

1 Month

I'm not sure how we've already gotten here but Uryah is already a month old.


He is growing at a rapid rate and has lost all of his newborn look.  He is 10 plus pounds and around 21.5" long.  He wears size 3 month clothing and size 1 diaper.  He eats every 3 hours but we can usually extend that during the night to 4 hours so we are getting a little bit of sleep.

Speaking of sleep, both my children are belly sleepers which is fine except during that time of their lives where you can't let them sleep on their bellies.   So a lot of my time is spent like this...


I usually have to lay like this for an hour then I can lay him down and he stays asleep.


He is starting to spend some time awake which C loves.  


She loves playing and talking to him.  The first thing out of her mouth every day when I pick her up is, 'can I hold him when we get home?'  She is every bit as in love with him as she was from day 1.  The only thing that bothers her is his crying spells.  She says it hurts her ears and gets on her nerves.  I like to remind her that's how her daddy and I feel when she throws her little fits.

 We still aren't sure who he looks like.  For some reason I feel like he favors my mom's side of the family but I'm not 100% sure.  I have some digging to do before I can stand firm on that.

That's really it for now.  I'm completely enjoying my maternity leave.  C is only going to school half days while I'm off and I'm loving every minute we have together.  Ok maybe not the minutes where she is screaming her head off because she isn't getting her way but all the other times are great.  :)  I'm amazed at how fast the time is going by and I would be lying if I said it will be nice to go back to work.  I'm REALLY enjoying myself but that's not my reality.  I've already told my boss I'm going to get medicated before I come back.  Joking...kind of.



2 comments:

Ethan&LandensMom said...

He is just the sweetest! It sounds like Cecilia is a wonderful big sister! Many congrats to you all!!

Alicia said...

I'm not sure who he favors either, but he's a cutie!!! Need to come back over for a visit soon!