Monday, November 9, 2015

10 Months & Halloween

Uryah Bayles is 10 months old!


And when your 10 month bday falls on Halloween, you get your monthly picture taken in your Halloween costume.  Later you will see how much he loves his attire.

Uryah is in the 28 pound range, wears 18-24 month clothes, wears a size 4 shoe and a size 5 diaper.

Naturally because he is larger than most babies his age, the question we get asked EVERYDAY is, 'what are you feeding that boy?'  Well this...


This is a typical plate for U (normally double the size of his sister's).


He has no shame in his eating game.  It gets shoveled in at a rapid pace and he lets you know how good it is the whole time he's eating.


I have found that he isn't too found of Alfredo sauce but other than that, he still pretty much eats anything we put in front of him.

And of course we still have to share our snacks whether we want to or not.  #mamadoesntlikesharingheroreos


In the last couple of weeks, he has started backing off some of his bottles.  Normally he will get half of it down and then refuses the rest which is great for my wallet (so long thirty dollar formula) but he doesn't like regular milk much either so I'm not sure what we are going to do.

U still isn't walking or crawling.  He gets almost on all fours but refuses to go anywhere but he is pretty good about scooting everywhere so I guess he sees no point in it until I walk away.  Then it becomes a REAL big deal.  :)

Uryah and C's relationship continues to grow each month.  She has always loved being in his face but now that he is pulling up and really into playing, she is stuck to him most days.  She has been amazing at realizing my time has to be shared when U is awake and when she wants to play a game, it has to be one that she doesn't mind U completely destroying.  We usually wait until his nap times to get in our really good games and/or girl time.

'Here Bubberz, let me give you a neck massage.'

I keep thinking there will be a day when she will grow tired of him but she really loves having him around.  It may have something to do with she can make him laugh the loudest and how he loves watching her act all kinds of crazy.  Rarely does she ask to get him away.

That's about all we have to report on U's 10 month update.  No new major tricks but growing wild everyday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween was really fun this year.  I was pumped about the costumes C had picked out for her and U and since it was on a Saturday, there was no rushing around.  It was wonderful!

We started the day with a silly string fight.


A few bottles are making their way into her stoking.  Girl loves some silly string!

I remembered late Thursday night that U didn't have a treat bag.  Usually not a big deal to anyone because they would just buy one from the store except for C's first Halloween I had a bag embroidered and then I bedazzled it with an orange feather boa.  Clearly, I couldn't just buy one for U.  

My mom was able to find me a lime green bag and I cut out a design on my Silhouette.


And of course I had to monogram it.  :)


I would have loved to do more but I have to remember he is a boy and I can't bedazzle everything.  ;)

After I finished making the bag, we were ready to Trick or Treat.


Miss Piggy was ready.  Kermit, not so much.


Our good friend JP joined us on our Trick or Treating adventure.



We hit a few houses then came back to my parent's so C could hand out candy.  It's her favorite part of the whole night.  Go figure.

No comments: