Thursday, November 12, 2015

Life This Week

We've actually had a pretty good week this week.  Last Saturday, we joined some friends for tailgating before the WKU football game.  C had a blast running around with all the kids and the adults enjoyed talking and hanging out.




U had his first tailgating experience and as you can see he was stoked about it.



There is a similar picture somewhere of their mama's tailgating together 12 years ago.


Oh how our tailgating days have changed but we still have a great time!


Later that afternoon, we had family pictures and they were pretty much a nightmare.  U was done after about 20 minutes and cried unless I feed him Teddy Grahams.  It turned super cold quick so our session didn't last long.  Thankfully, my photographer (aka my dad) is free and can deal with me calling it quits mid-photo.  I can only wrestle a crying 30 pound baby for so long.

Sunday was supposed to be the usual church day but U had other plans.


I was pulled out of Sunday School before it even started because U was throwing the biggest fit any of us had ever seen.  He was dead asleep when they tried to switch him off to the Sunday School nursery workers and this obviously ticked him off.  When I finally got him, he was barely awake but managing to cause quite the scene.  I grabbed both kids, our stuff and ran out like a woman on fire.  I left poor B standing there like a deer in the highlights as I peeled out of the parking lot.  He doesn't move fast enough for me.  :)

I headed straight to urgent care because I knew something wasn't right.  In the back of my mind I knew he probably had an ear infection.  It took the doctor 2 seconds to confirm what I already knew.  We got our meds and U took a nice long nap after we got home.

On the plus side, this week has been an awesome week for C.  She got chosen as a Leader of the Week in her class and Monday I get a phone call from school telling me her teacher gave her an office referral (a good thing at our school) for taking the initiative to help a student without being told.  As part of the reward, she got to talk to me on the phone from school.  She has been DYING for a referral.  She was a bit of a teacher's pet at daycare and her teacher always bragged on her so she has had a hard time adjusting to not being a favorite.  I kept telling her just to keep doing the right thing and be the best she can be and one day it would pay off.  Well that day was Monday! 

After her gymnastics glass, we took her to eat at a restaurant of her choice and ice cream to finish the night.  She was beyond excited.



She also got recognized in class for making good choices this week (something our school stresses to the MAX).  Sadly, those good decisions didn't extended into our house BUT I've always said my kids can act like heathens at home as long as they behave out in public.  C has that rule down pat.  She will be the death of me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh how I miss those tailgating days with you and Jac! Those were some fun times! :)

Hope U is feeling better, bless his heart!