Sunday, June 12, 2016

May in Review


Life had me forgetting whether I was coming or going last month.  I had a job change the beginning of the month so between training someone to take my old job and school coming to a close, I almost had to check into a mental hospital.  Whew! I'm glad it's all over but I sure don't want to forget why I got a head full of grey hairs.



This girl was in beast mode after spring break.  She went back to school and tackled everything her teacher threw at her.  One night, we celebrated one of her biggest accomplishment at Fazoli's per her request.

Church softball was in full swing the month of May so U got to see his daddy do what he does best.


U also got to see what it was like to have strep throat.  


As sick as C used to stay, we somehow managed to avoid strep but U decided he would one up his sister.  Thankfully, he got over it quickly.


Since The Kentucky Derby is a big deal when you live in Kentucky, I decided it was high time for C to learn a few important things about the derby.

First, we made a door hanger shaped like a jockey's shirt and talked about what a jockey was and their role in the race.


Next, we made derby hats.


I taught her about betting,


and about the Mint Julep.

(have no fear, her glass is full of juice)

She had so much fun learning about the derby and really got into the whole thing.  Her only complaint was that it took FOREVER for the actual race to happen.  :)

For Mother's Day, we had a picnic at the park with my parents.


It was low key and the kids had a blast playing after we ate.



One week during May, the kindergarten classes at C's school learned about autism and at the end of the week, they had a fundraiser for the Kelly Autism Program at WKU. 



C's teacher has two sons with autism so it was a very cool night for her class.

And speaking of her teacher, he happens to be in a band with a few other teachers at school so of course we had to go listen to him play one night at the Hot Rods game.


And of course we had to stay for the WHOLE game because there were going to be fireworks at the end.  #longestgameEVER


Our precious niece turned 2 this month and we were excited to be there for the celebration.


All the kids decked out in their Mickey/Minnie attire.


As if the party wasn't enough, we got crazy and took them to a carnival.





They rode all the rides several times and had a blast being together.

That same weekend, B and I had a hot date at the Indy 500.


We've been before but we had an infield view.  I swore that year I would never return unless I was in a suite.  Well, I returned because we had suite tickets.


It was such a neat experience and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

And the sad ending to this month, was that C graduated kindergarten.  Her first year of school was amazing.  We had a rocky start with the teacher selection but her teacher quickly become one of her favorite people and we were all sad the year was over. 


Well, sad he wouldn't be our teacher anymore.  Not sad that we were done with packing lunches/snacks, making sure homework was done and the nightly struggle of trying to get a certain little girl into the bed.  Gosh, at a certain point I was just as excited as she was the end was near.

She finished at the top of her class and with a few accomplishments we didn't even know about.  #parentfail

My mom took her for a cool treat after graduation for doing so well.


Our summer has been glorious so far with laid back schedules and lots of fun in the sun.    I'm hoping August doesn't come as quickly as it used to when I was in school.

No comments: