Sunday, January 17, 2010

Arts and Crafts

Last week I called my consultants (my Nanny the material/sewing consultant and my mom the color consultant) to come to up so we could go get the material I needed to make Belle's bedskirt, curtains, and pillows. I had picked out some material a long time ago I wanted to use for her room and I needed to get some coordinating material to make all the accessories. We went to a local fabric store and hit the jackpot! They have this backroom that has discount bolts of material. At first glance I didn't see anything and looked out on their main floor and didn't see anything there either. I was started to get discouraged and walked back to the discount room where my Nanny was stilling hunting for her some material. I told them I wasn't having any luck and that this trip might be a bust but one of them called my attention to bolt of material they thought would be perfect. We held up the material I was trying to match and what do you know, it was perfect! I immediately got excited because not only was it on sale for 2 bucks a yard (we are talking about the huge rolls of material that is about 5 feet wide), but my Nanny had a coupon (of course!) buy one yard get one free! I bought all the material I needed to do all my projects plus some for 10 bucks! I was pumped!

I then have spend all week at the sewing machine. I made the curtains, the valance, bedskirt, 3 decorative pillows and 1 roll pillow! I was a mad woman on a mission! I think Brent was impressed with my sewing abilities and the fact that I got it all done and it looks great! I did tell my Nanny she wasn't allowed to get too close to any of it because I don't want her checking my seams. I made a few boo boos but only she would be able to tell. I am so happy with the outcome and every time I walk by I peek in. Belle's room is really coming together and we are getting really excited for her to take up residence there!

Where I spent my week

The valance and curtain. Please tilt your head sideways. I have no idea what is wrong with this stupid thing but it won't import my picture the right way and I'm too tired to mess with it!


The pillows. Excuse the blue sheet. I was going in a different direction when I bought it.



The bedskirt. It's hard to tell from the pic but I put pleats on the bedskirt and tied bows at the top of each pleat. It is by far my favorite!
This weekend Brent and I headed to Franklin to go check out a rocker my Granny had found for us. We kind of gave her the project of looking for us because I wasn't to keen on a rocker in the first place but Brent was putting his foot down and said we were getting one. Not wanting to add one more thing to my list, my Granny decided she wanted to get us a rocker and that she would look for us. SWEET! She called this week and said she found one at a local furniture store that she wanted us to look at. So we went Saturday to look at it and we actually fell in love with the one next to the one she picked out. It was white which matches the rest of the furniture and it was big enough for Brent! I called her and told her we decided on a different one and she said get whichever one we wanted so we did! Now that we have it I really like it and have been sitting in Belle's room a lot. Brent found me in there this morning and asked what I was doing. I said just hanging out.
Here is the rocker we got. Again tilt your head. Stupid computer!!!

I am currently working on a painting for her room and if all goes well I will have it done this week. I am going to have to commission out some of the work because I'm not very good at painting sayings on canvas so I may have to pass that off to a family friend! I will post a picture as soon as it is done.





















No comments: