Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mr. Men and Little Miss

When I was little, I loved the Mr. Men and Little Miss books. My church library had just about all of them if not all and I would check one out every Sunday until I had read them all. I'm not sure why I liked them so much. They were just simple little books with simple illustrations. I didn't even know they still made the Mr. Men and Little Miss books until last year when I was in a book store browsing the children's section and I spotted a whole section dedicated to the series. I got really excited and wanted to buy every one but then thought better about it because I would have had to explain to Brent why I spent a small fortune on books for a child we didn't have.

Throughout my pregnancy we have occasionally wandered into the children's section at Barnes and Noble and picked out all the books we loved as kids. We each have our own list of books we would like Belle to have and Mr. Men and Little Miss books are at the top. The Hungry Caterpillar is Brent's number one book! Anyway, with my mom knowing I was crazy about these books, she surprised me the other day with this little gift...

It's Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Chatterbox!!! She said she saw them in Sam's and had to get them for us! Now Belle will not only have the books but now if I can get my hands on some of my favorites, she'll have the characters! The only down fall is Little Miss Sunshine plays a little tune that is quite annoying so I had to turn her off after accidentally hitting it twice. It was just a tad too perky for me. Good thing I love those characters so much or she could have been out the door! :)

No comments: