Tuesday, January 12, 2010

C-Section...Yes Please!!!

Tonight Brent and I had our second child birthing class and we were lucky enough to be able to watch not one but two birthing videos. AWESOME!! I'm not sure what woman in their right mind says 'hey you know what would be great? Having a camera crew come in and video tape the grossest time in my life (aka child birth).' Really? At what point did this sound like a good idea? When she was buck naked with her hind end in the air or when she was squatting like she was fixin' to lay an egg? As you can imagine I was completely grossed out by the video. I leaned over to Brent at one point and asked if I could just have a c-section instead. I wasn't the only one who was grossed out because during the more graphic parts, the whole room filled with 'ooo gross!' You would have thought they were showing the video to a bunch on 10 year olds. I was already starting to get nervous about delivering and this did NOT help all the thoughts going around in my head. WOW! Nightmares could find me tonight!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh, yes. I remember that video. But trust me when the moment occurs you forget everything but the pain. No memory of any video :)Well maybe you'll get lucky and get an epidural!