Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little This and That

The conclusion: No amount of OJ or Germ-X keep the funk away! I woke last Friday to a stopped up nose and I could feel the germs seeping their way in. I was not happy and I made it pretty clear about my feelings when I went to work. On Saturday I woke up with a full blown cold and spent the weekend on the couch. I'm still not 100% and I'm hoping I will get over it by this weekend. I HATE not being able to breathe!

Enough complaining...I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Like all the other visits, everything is great. Actually I managed to lose a pound. She asked me how I did that and I told her I didn't have a clue because I was still stuffing hamburgers and pizza down my throat. I really thought I would have gained at least 2 or 3 because I haven't been so good these past 2 weeks. Ice cream finally got the best of me! I bet I won't be so lucky next time though! Oh and I got a 5 minute lecture about how I shouldn't be wearing heels in this kind of weather. I was told that all pregnant women lose their sense of coordination regardless of how coordinated they were before pregnancy (ha! didn't have any to lose!). I politely sat there and took the lecture. I assured her I wasn't totally dumb. That I at least wore tennis shoes that morning when it was slick. I just didn't change back into them after work. She seemed mildly pleased. Guess I'm wearing flats to the next appointment!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Funny! Your doctor is obviously very observant!