Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Name is Kacie and I'm a Germ-A-Phob!

Background: I was never really bothered by germs growing up. I washed my hands when it called for it and covered my mouth I coughed. I laughed at those who ran away from anyone who MIGHT have the slightest runny nose. That all changed when I got a job as a bank teller. Three days into my training I caught some kind of funk that kept me in bed for two days! I have never been so sick in my life. At one point I thought I was dying. Ever since then the Germ-X hasn't left my side. I have a bottle at my desk and use it often.

The story: For the last week we have had at least one or more out each day sick. Their out for a day or half a day only to come back the following day hacking up their left lung. Today it seemed everyone worked in unison and out of the 20 people in my office only 2 of us weren't catching a runny noses or coughing up lungs! I have never in my life been so grossed out! All day I felt like germs were crawling all over me and every time someone sneezed, coughed, or breathed I rubbed myself down with Germ-X. GO HOME PEOPLE!!! I know I have probably come to work a few times when I should have stayed home, but I stayed in my cube and didn't go around anyone. These people are just walking right up and breathing their germs in my germ free air! One person even had the nerve to tell us if we would turn the heat down then we wouldn't be harvesting the germs. HELLO!! If you would keep your sick hind end at home there wouldn't be any germs to spread!


I am tempted to wear a mask tomorrow so someone will get the clue that sharing germs is NOT cool! I made it through the flu/H1N1 scare untouched and if some goof gives me their funk now I'm not going to be a happy camper! A shower is a MUST this evening!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,I love to read about what's going on with you and Brent. I know yall are really getting excited, I am excited for you. I hope to see ya soon, Luv ya!