Thursday, February 25, 2010

'Stick a fork in her; she's done!'

Well kids we are in our finally month! Whew! At this point I'm not sure how much longer I can go. At 36 weeks I am uncomfortable 75% of the day, can't sleep well, and as of a few days ago started having minor contractions. We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she said all this was normal. She actually seemed pretty excited that I was having all those symptoms.

We started this week getting checked (fun times!!!) and it was turning out to be yet another uneventful visit but in about the same breath she told me I was 1 cm dilated, she turned to the nurse and told her to go try catch the ultrasound tech. She looked at me told me to get dressed and meet her outside. Before she left the room she did tell me that there was nothing to worry about; that she is almost positive Belle is head first but she wanted the tech to double check since I am feeling really strong moments and having lots of pressure. It took the tech all of about 2 seconds to confirm Belle is in the correction position. I wasn't worried or bothered by the fact that she could be hind end first. It would just mean I would have to have a c-section. And like I said before, after watching that birthing video a c-section seems easier!

I know those of you who haven't seen me much during this pregnancy are just dying to see what I look like 9 months pregnant. So here ya go...
I decided to put up my 3, 6, and 9 month pictures side by side so you could see just how much I have doubled! Both mine and Brent's mouth hit the floor when we saw what I looked like just a few months ago. Have mercy!!! I looked so perky in the first two pictures and now I just look haggard. Bless my heart! Man if I think I look tired now wonder what I will look like 6 weeks from now! Ha! You might be able to see my bags from miles away!

I am finally done with all my projects for Belle's room. I finished a painting for her room a couple of weeks ago but my mom was just now able to get the saying on it. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I can't wait to hang it up. Once that happens her room will pretty much be in order minus a few things that we will hang later like pictures and a few other things I may have up my sleeve. I'll try and post a picture of her room later next week.

The painting. It says, 'We loved you before we knew you; even when there was just the hope of you, we loved you!'
Well that is about it for me for tonight. It is creeping towards my bedtime and I still have a few things to accomplish.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

ok--so I do need to add some finishing touches to the verse.

Emily said...

Cute sign! You and Melinda are talented! :)

And whoa baby, I haven't seen you in a while! You are so cute!! :)

Alicia said...

Those pictures are amazing! You still look so cute pregnant! All baby!! Can't wait to see you in person Sunday!!