Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day


5:30 woke up to find that it had snowed, AGAIN! Great! Guess I'll have to take the long way to work. No, scratch that. Going to take normal way and pray the roads aren't bad. Roads weren't bad and as a added bonus 2 people decided to ride my tail. HELLO! Snow is covering the roads and I'm pregnant! Went even slower just to tick them off.

Stepped out of car at work (wearing TENNIS SHOES) and almost do the splits. Fabulous! That would have be lovely especially since I was carrying a glass of water. Stupid snow/ice! Have I ever mentioned I HATE snow and cold weather?

Go to post office for work only to find they are an hour behind with the mail. Awesome! That won't cause drama at work at all. (The mail is VERY important to some people at my work. I'm pretty sure it is the only thing keeping some of those people alive!)

Have to listen to grown women act like they are 10 all day because the mail was late and argue over who should go get it. Fantastic!

Thanks to flex hours, I was able to cut out a little early hoping to find some kind of happy ending to this day. So how does a pregnant gal cheer herself up? First, has a jam session (car dancing included) while listening to Twist and Shout and Black Velvet. Then comes home to stuff a few chocolate chip cookies in her mouth! (hey just trying to gain that pound back :)!)

Hoping tomorrow is a better day! If not, you could see me on the 6 o'clock news. I'll be the one with my hands around someones throat.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Well, that's funny! Hope today is better for ya.

Emily said...

Oh, sweet Kacie. You make me laugh. :) Hope today is not a repeat! I'll be looking for you on the news. :)