Monday, May 30, 2011

Oh Me. Oh My.

This long weekend has been packed with activities that has left us thankful today was not a work day.

Friday, we had dinner with a friend then spent some time by a nice cozy fire outside and enjoyed catching up.

Saturday, Brent hauled us all over town going to consignment shops, the farmer's market, Stockdales and Hobby Lobby.  Most of those not being his thing but he was sweet enough to take me.

That night, several of the girls I graduated with got together for a little pre-reunion gathering so our spouses could have a meet and greet.  Our 10 year high school reunion is coming up and we wanted the guys to know at least a few familiar faces when we drag them to the reunion.  We had a really good time and as always the Konow's were wonderful hosts.

Our fun continued into Sunday when after church we had a spur of the moment cookout with some friends.  I wasn't prepared for the heat and melted into a puddle within 2 seconds of being outside.

 Thank goodness I had good excuse to stay inside!  Cecilia liked being outside but she is just like her mother when it comes to the heat...attitudes come out in full force when the body temp raises!

We ended the cookout with a trip to Stakz for some frozen yogurt.  Sadly, the cool treat still didn't do anything for the attitude.
'Enough!'

After two days full of activities, we took several of these today...


I even indulged in a few naps myself because I did not handle my 5 am wake up call very well.

It's back to work but the joy of a long weekend brings a short work week.

No comments: