Monday, May 7, 2012

Changing Things Up

I'm having a major decorating redo itch.  We've lived in our house 4 years and I'm still not satisfied with the way things look.  My main problem is trying to get Brent's approval on things.  I'll go shopping and see things but feel the need to check with Brent first.  Big mistake because even if he likes it, I get lazy and never go back.  It seems to work best for us when I bring a random item home that makes him raise his eyebrow and say 'what is that?'

With this redo itch, a shopping trip was a must.  Lucky for me, it was Brent's idea so we made a date out of it.  We left C behind and headed down to TN for a day of shopping.  I planned ahead and made a list of all the things we needed for each room.  I was pumped and ready to shop!

Hours later, I walked away with 1 item marked off my list of 25.  1 lonely item and it was a picture frame.  Depressing I know.  Good news is I bought a few things that weren't on the list that now has taken up space in my already junk filled closet!  AWESOME!

With my bags empty and my itch still not satisfied, I came home and started moving things around to different rooms.  I happy with what little progress I made but another shopping trip is on my agenda.

And even though shopping was a bust, we enjoyed the pretty weather outside and a few crafts.

Cecilia renewed her love of rocks and played with them ALL weekend.




We had a little horse race of our own on Saturday...
 (Excuse the closed eyes.  She is her daddy's child.)

This week is Teacher Appreciation week so I put together a few gifts for Cecilia's teachers and the ladies in the office at school.  Brown Sugar body scrub I find here and lotion.


 And lastly, not only did I move about 60% of the things in our house, I managed to make this sign along with starting at least 4 other craft projects.
Didn't consult the hubs and he loves it!

My freshly painted nails are now either chipped or covered in spray paint.  That can only mean it was a good DIY/redo weekend!

1 comment:

Momoi said...

Oh cute, I like the Miller sign! I wondered what in the world you could do with tobacco sticks. I'm glad Cecilia got to experience the fun of a stick horse :)