Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

We did Mother's Day up right this year by celebrating all weekend long.  Cecilia and I started Saturday off with a little mother/daughter breakfast (thanks to Brent for providing doughnuts) and watching Mickey.

That afternoon, my mom came up to go to a Mother/Daughter Tea.  They had a local author come and read to the little girls and talk about herself (which she did very well at!).


They also had these 11 year old girls there that apparently have a little side bakery to decorate a cupcake for each little one.  Look at Cecilia's...


Seriously 11 year olds?  They were really good too!
After tea, we met up with both my grandmothers for dinner.  We tried a new restaurant here in town and I was very pleased!  It's a place that I would love to go back to but definitely not somewhere I can take Brent.  He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy with no funny business on either.


And no dinner out is complete without a trip to Stakz!  My Granny (the one the left) had never been and her bowl was hilarious!  She seriously had like 2 bites in it!

Sunday, Brent had to work so after church Cecilia took a nap and I dug into my new book...


They showered me with a few more things and this card...


Brent let Cecilia pick it out and I was not surprised to see Mickey and Minnie.  She snatched it right out of my hands and declared it "mine!"
Cecilia brought this little bag home from school for Mother's Day..


She was so proud of what she did and every time she sees it she'll say "Paint.  CC did it."

My parents came up to play late afternoon and we ended up going to IHop for dinner when Brent got off.  We love eating breakfast for dinner.

Finally, my special day ended with snuggling up to this wild thing.

No comments: