Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Final Hours

The last day of any time off is always the hardest.  You don't want to waste the day by moping around but knowing that work/school is closing in is just depressing.  Luckily Cecilia has no concept of this and kept us laughing all day.  Well what part of the day her and I weren't at each other's throats.  This is a rough age.  Brent's convinced she is possessed  by demons.  I'm convinced she is coming into her female hormones a wee bit too early.
 
Anyway, when she wasn't throwing herself on the floor, she was being pretty hilarious.
 
 
I love watching her play and try to do grown up things.  Watching her take care of her babies and "cook" are 2 of my favorites.  Little girls start at an early age learning to be mama's.

 
As our last activity, we took Cecilia to the new bounce house place in town.
 
 
She had a blast and made a ton of new friends.

 
See the girl above?  No clue who she is but she was part of a pack of older girls that took Cecilia under their wing and showed her the ropes.

 
I didn't really think a thing about them packing my child all over the place but now I'm reflecting on the day and wondering when I lost my mind.  I know they are just kids and I didn't take my eyes off her but still, I have no idea who they were, didn't know their parents and yet I let them take my child from here, there and yonder like it was no big deal. 
 
 
And I'm sad because I'm leery of 10 year olds.

 
Oh well.  Cecilia had the time of her life and made new friends.  I probably need to focus on that than my psychotic mother thoughts.
 
After our bounce house fun, we met up with my parents for Brent's second birthday dinner...
 
 
and a night cap.
 
 
Even though the rain ruined 90% of our plans for the weekend, looking back we all had a good time and enjoyed a slow pace 4 day weekend.  I haven't talked to Brent yet but I'm betting Cecilia was not a happy camper when he dropped her off at school.  She takes these long weekends the hardest.

1 comment:

Momoi said...

It seems as if I had some of those same notions when a certain young lady was pretty close to the same age :)