Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'm 2 seconds from chucking it out the window

I have declared this is the last year for us to have a pre-lit tree.  They are completely worthless and drive me NUTS!!!
 
First off it takes both Brent and I 30 minutes or more to figure out the right plug in combo for all our lights to come on.  Second, random strands of lights decide to go out.  One going out at 10pm the night before I had Alicia and Emily over at the house and had NO spare lights.  Really!  I had to take down 60% of the tree, turn the stupid thing around and redecorate.
 
Over the weekend, I got some spare lights from my mom and put them on only to find out they were 2 different colors!!  Who knew there were 2 different shades of clear lights.  Mom swears you can't really tell so I'm just going to deal with it.
 
Then Brent and I were sitting on the couch the other night and all of a sudden it gets a little darker in the room.  We both look towards the tree and find this...
 
 
Seriously?  The whole top of that stupid tree is out!!!  If I hadn't been so involved in a book, I would have yanked that tree down and chucked in the front yard!
 
What's even worse is now I'm in the market for a new tree and have mercy I hate shopping for a new tree.  But you can bet your sweet hiney it WON'T be a pre-lit one!
 
I'm thinking of getting a little crazy and buying a white one.  Brent tells me he has always wanted a white tree so I just might make the boy's dream come true.
 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hahaha! I'm sorry you are frustrated...but you are cracking me up! I think the white ones are pretty too!

Erin said...

We have had the same issues!! Half of my tree went out so I cut the lights off (which took FOREVER!) and restrung new ones. I'm just waiting for the 2nd half to burn out now. Makes me so mad.