Friday, December 21, 2012

Tis the Season...

to be sick!
 
We've had a pretty awful/sleepless/snotty week but it is the holidays and they wouldn't be complete without C being sick.
 
She woke up Tuesday not feeling well and had a slight temp.  We kept her home and when I called the school to let them know, they informed me that they had to send a bunch of kids home on Monday for fevers.  Fabulous. 

By Tuesday afternoon she was fine and bouncing off the walls.  I still kept her out of school on Wednesday just in case and C enjoyed the day with my Nanny.  We thought all was well until yesterday.
 
2 hours after dropping C off at school, I get a call to come get her.  She had a coughing fit that didn't end well so she had to go home.  Que my dad to the rescue.  He was able to stay with her until I got off to take her to the doctor.
 
They ended up testing her for both RSV and the flu.  Thankfully both came back negative!!  Music to my ears!  The doctor said she just had a bad cold.  YAY!!!!  Well not yay that she is sick but yay that its nothing major.
 
With this good news, we were able to go to my friend, Kelly's house.  She was a having several of us over for dinner because a good college friend of ours, Ryan, was stopping in town to visit.  We haven't seen Ryan in 10 years and we used to have so much fun with him.  He and Brent played college baseball together and we all lived in the same dorm so we did lots of memory lane walking.  And we learned that after 10 years things haven't changed with us.  We used to sit in our dorm room laughing and listening to Ryan come up with the most off the wall stuff.  The kid is crazy and we have missed him dearly.
 
And we weren't the only ones having a good time.  Cecilia had the time of her life!  She was running around chasing the 2 dogs that were there, playing and talking to anyone that would give her a few minutes.  She was even giving the guys there the time of day which never happens.  I saw her reading with my friend, Abby's husband, she was playing a hiding game with Kelly's husband and then was playing with Ryan.  Kelly kept saying 'yeah she is really shy.'  Seriously, I don't know what was up with her but she was Ms. Social.
 
It was so nice catching up with Ryan and getting to hang out with everyone before the holidays.  Thanks Kelly for hosting such a fun night!

No comments: