Saturday, July 13, 2013

Open for Business

Last night I did one of the scariest, most exciting things I've done in a while.  I set up as a vendor at the Duncan Hines Festival here in town.
 
 
For several years I've wanted to turn my hobby into a business and I finally took a step towards that dream.

 
I've spent the last 2 months prepping for the festival and could not have done any of it without my amazing support team, Brent, my mom and dad.  Since most of my spare time was spent working on projects, Brent picked up the slack around the house, entertained C when I needed just a few minutes and helped with everything last night.  My parent's took C when I needed a weekend to wrap everything up and was a huge help last night keeping an eye on C and helping with the breakdown.  It was a long night and I was so lucky to have all 3 stick by me all night long.

 
I've kept this little adventure quiet for a while because its scary to put yourself out there and heartbreaking if you fail.  But I was tired of saying one day and wondering what if.  So it's official, I've started up Poppy Lane and I'm really excited to see where this will take me!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

So proud of you Kacie!! It does take guts, but you've always been so creative and you definitely have a fantastic support team! Love the name of the business too! Good Luck!!