Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Updates

Friday, we hit a huge milestone in our house...C spent two, yes TWO, nights away from home!

We had already planned for her to spend the day with my parents on Saturday and then spend the night as well but at the last minute we decided it would be easier on everyone if she spent the night on Friday too.


Not my best decision especially being pregnant but look at her face.  She was so excited and couldn't wait to leave.  She had the time of her life but I don't think this will be happening again anytime soon.  I missed her like crazy and my hormones just really can't take that kind of separation right now.  Maybe when she is 20 we can try again.

And the reason C got to spend so much time away is because B and I had a hot date at the race track!


A company I deal with at work gave us tickets to the NASCAR race on Saturday at the Kentucky Speedway.

We had a rough start to our day (got soaked by rain halfway through our walk to the track) but we didn't let that spoil the day.


This is our second race at this speedway and for non-NASCAR fans, we really enjoy ourselves.  We had really great seats and to actually be at a race in person is an experience.   


To see and hear the cars go that fast is pretty amazing.  And the people who attend are an experience all their own.  Yikes!

It was a very long day but we had a good time and I'm kind of ready to go back.  :)

Now on to baby news.

I'm 12 weeks now and the baby is out and about.

Photo bomber.  Seriously can't do ANYthing without her right beside me.

I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and everything is sounding great and I'm right on track.

My view when I look down.

I was a little worried that I popped out so soon but apparently that's a second baby for you.  I tell people that I looked like this 6 months pregnant with C and they don't really believe.  Well here is proof.

   
Me with C at 24 weeks.

 Me now at 12 weeks.

Umm yeah.

I told B that he might as well buckle up because I'm going to be HUGE!  The good news is I only gained 2 pounds last month which is shocking but whatever scales don't lie.

I feel like crap 90% of my day but thank goodness for good drugs.  I can at least function without needing to carry around a trash can. 

To my surprise, I'm not as tired this time around.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good nap but I remember sleeping A LOT with C.  I actually get an energy boost around 8pm but I don't do anything productive.  I typically will just lay in bed watching TV thinking about what I should be doing.  Ah well.  It will get done eventually.

We still have a few more weeks before we find out what we are having.  Although, C is convinced it is a girl and I'm pretty sure B has set himself up for another girl.  I'm thinking boy so that appointment will be fun.

That's about all that is going on in our little world right now.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Girl, we must be so much alike! I'm the exact same way about Ty spending the night away from home! And - I am not believing how tiny you were with C at 6 months! Crazy! I, too, popped fast this go around. It must be the second pregnancy!