Thursday, December 11, 2014

36 Weeks

This picture doesn't even do my belly justice.


C was my photographer and she must have been at a weird angle because I'm at least 10 times larger in person.

Since my last update, we have almost finished the nursery.  I have 1 last thing to hang on the wall but that requires a little muscle so I had to wait until B came home.  All clothes and blankets are washed and organized.  All necessary baby items have been cleaned and are ready to use.   And if you haven't seen me in person in the last month, I am D.O.N.E with this pregnancy.  I've had as much fun as I can stand and my body is screaming to get this baby out!  I remember feeling this way a week before having C but this time around it has hit harder and earlier.  Some precious people are kind enough to remind me that I'm a little older this time around.  Such sweet kind words.  It's almost as precious as when I get asked if I'm having twins.

As far as baby growth, our little booger is still growing at a rapid pace.  I've had several ultrasounds monitoring his growth and he doesn't seem to be slowing down at all!  I break out into a sweat at every ultrasound, bracing myself to hear how much he has gained.  Currently he is estimating about 7 pounds which means lately he is gaining a pound a week.  So if you want to do quick math, if I go full term I will be delivering a toddler.  Even the ultrasound tech commented last week on his very round belly.  Eek.  I'm so hoping these little estimates are at least 2 pounds off.

And speaking of ultrasounds, this last one was by far the coolest one I've had.  And of course, neither B or C were there.  Normally the baby does nothing cool and keeps his hand in his face but this time he decided to show off.  I watched him stick his tongue in and out and him practice his breathing.  I was dying!  It was so clear and it was crazy that I was watching something happen inside me.  Blown away.

In other great news.  I got an early Christmas present...


If you don't know what this is, it is a blood sugar testing kit. I had to take my glucose test again yesterday and I failed.  It was just the news I wanted to hear especially when I was hoping deep down she would tell me to head on over to the hospital.  I had my bags in the back of my car that's how bad I wanted it.

I understand it could be A LOT worse but I had a small meltdown over it.  Having to prick your finger 4 times a day AND go on a special diet on top of being super miserable was not how I wanted to spend these last few weeks of my pregnancy.  But I am at the very end so I'm lucky that I haven't had to do this the whole time.  It was just a hard pill to swallow yesterday when I was so ready for everything to be over.

I plan on doing some MAJOR walking over the weekend right after I wrap up my Christmas shopping.  As bad as I do want Baby Miller here, I have a few unfinished items that need to get done before his arrival. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Bless your heart! I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but I feel your pain!

Momoi said...

I think Cecilia did a great job taking your picture. And, you're not as big as you feel. :)