Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap

So we played a little game called, let's see how many activities we can cram into 4 days.

We started Wednesday night with C's daycare Christmas program.


She was cast as an angel and she was so proud of her part.  I'm not sure how many times we sang Hark the Hearld but girlfriend knew her lines.




The play is the same every year and every year, I've gotten emotional knowing we were 1 year closer to her being in the big kid group.  I held it together for the most part but poor C had an epic meltdown right after it was over because she didn't want to leave school.  We think she knows this was her last play and that she will be heading to school next year.  Even though she is really excited about Kindergarten, she has been at this daycare for almost 5 years and she will no longer be with the friends she has had all this time.  That's a rough reality for a little one.  I'm hoping her and I can keep it together the rest of the year.

On Thursday, B left for Mexico for his brother's wedding.  And while he was enjoying this view for 5 days...


C and I had our own little vacation.

Friday, we slept in and laid around watching Christmas movies most of the morning. Around lunch, we got dressed and headed out to Chic-fil-a (guess whose choice that was) and then went to see a movie.



After the movie, we ran a few errands, then loaded up the car to head to Franklin where we were going to spend the next few days.  Since B was out of town, I needed extra hands to entertain C and just in case I went into labor, I had people close.

Friday night, we went to see The Nutcracker at the library in Franklin.  C loved all the dancers and told me she wanted to dance like that when she got older.  Kind of funny since she complains about going to dance EVERY week but I think its because she doesn't like the practicing part.  She only likes "being on the big stage" part.

Saturday, we met up with a few of my friends and their kids for Franklin's Small Town Christmas.  I would love to say we had a blast and that it was the magical time I dreamed of but it was a complete bust.  Let's just say this 36 week pregnant woman about went off on a few people. 

We did get to enjoy craft time so C was happy about that.




She enjoyed the parade too and thank goodness this was her first parade or she would have been disappointed at that too.

C and JP enjoying the marching band

After the parade, C and I did a quick change and went to a baby shower for my friend Emily.  She is expecting Amelia in February and we are so excited!  After seeing all the cute girl clothes and bows, C leaned over and told me that the next time we open baby gifts, Daddy will stay home with "the brother" and her and I will open presents for "the sister."  AKA she still wants a sister and is assuming her daddy and I can just magically make that happen.  Her biggest hurdle is getting her daddy on the 3 baby train.

Later that afternoon, C and I spent some time at my Nanny's house.  I had a few sewing projects and C wanted to play with Nanny.  While I was busy sewing, they blared Christmas music and had a dance off.  I think they laughed for 2 solid hours.  I was sure C would fall asleep on the way back to my parent's but as soon as we got there she begged to go to a Christmas party with my mom.  Totally fine with me because my big ole pregnant butt got cozy and watched a It's A Wonderful Life and enjoyed 3 hours to myself.


Sunday after church, I continued to be lazy and laid around my parent's house until it was time for C and I to head home but not before I had a little fun photo shoot.

I combined 2 ideas I saw on Pinterest and came up with these little beauties...




Hey at this point in the game, I've got to have some kind of fun with my huge belly.

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOL, those pics are too cute! I love that shirt!

So glad I got to see you girls on Saturday!