Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Our weekend was filled with lots of fun family activities.  Friday night, we met my parents and two grandmothers at The Oasis in Franklin to have an early Mother's Day dinner.  We haven't seen either grandmother in a couple of weeks so they got to ooo and ahh over C and U for a couple of hours.  C obviously was worn out by all the attention.

Because that's how princesses sleep in the car. Crack up.

Saturday morning, we took the kids to 2nd Saturday on the square in Bowling Green.  It's an event that our town hosts for vendors of all kinds plus car enthusiasts on the second Saturday of every month through the summer.  We've never been and didn't know what to expect.


The first thing we ran into was a group of line dancers dancing in the street.


C was fascinated with the dancers and watched them for awhile.  It was quite the show.

We spent the rest of our time walking around looking at all the vendors, shopping the local shops downtown and of course, throwing coins in the fountain.


Later that afternoon, B got to work on mulching around the house.  Always a super fun job but I had to sit out this year so I could stay inside with a cute little baby.  C stepped up though and took my place spreading the mulch.


She even tried to help her daddy scoop.



But clearly that job was too heavy.

They got done just in time for us to head out to B's softball game.  It was such a nice night to sit out and support our church league's team.  Well, U and I sat while C ran around with her friends on the playground.

Sunday. was a big day at our house.  I get to do absolutely nothing every Mother's Day and C was all about pampering me.  The first thing she said to me was, 'It's Mother's Day!  I need to get your cards I made.'  She came back with a handful of cards she had made at school and one she bought with B.  She then ran to B telling him she needed to make me breakfast.  We aren't a big breakfast kind of family especially when we are playing the Sunday morning hustle, so he looked at me on his way to the kitchen and asked what I wanted.  I told him there were muffins in the kitchen that would be perfect.  C thought she was big stuff getting me breakfast. 


I'm one pretty lucky mama to get to call these two mine.


After church, we changed clothes before heading out to Chaney's Dairy Barn for lunch and an afternoon of fun.

I sat under their covered porch rocking U while watching C play on the playground.





She loves that place and U seemed to like it as well.


We came home to nap and relax the rest of the day.


Then ended our evening taking a family stroll around the neighborhood.


It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

No comments: