Monday, May 18, 2015

We Never Slow Down

This past week has been bananas. We had several things going on that had us running here, there and yonder and naturally it was a perfect time for my car to semi break down.  Thankfully, my parent's still have my mom's old SUV so I borrowed it for the 3 days while my car was in the shop and we didn't have to be a one car family.

My mom has had this particular SUV for several years so I know this vehicle pretty well but apparently not well enough to know how to properly install a car seat base.  We were driving home from C's dance class the other night and I looked in the rear view mirror to find this...


 I don't even know how this happened.  It's not like I was taking turns at 60 mph.  I asked C why she didn't tell me when it happened and she said she didn't think about it since he seemed fine.  Nice.  I would love to say this was the only time it happened but sadly it was not.  #mamafail

This weekend we had several events going on so we continued to run all weekend.

Our first event was a graduation party for the daughter of a friend of mine.  I made a few decorations for the party so C and I helped set up then later came back to attend the party.


It honestly seems like last year that I was graduating high school and not 14 years ago.  Time is flying by way too quickly.

Sunday after church, there was a picnic for the Pre-School classes and their parents.


All the kids had so much fun running around playing with each other and the parents enjoyed the social hour.  I took zero pictures because B and I played pass the 20 pound baby and then C got hurt so I got to handle that fun, dramatic scene.

Right after the picnic, we headed to Nashville for a birthday party for one of C's friends.  It was at a trampoline place and C had the time of her life!


She loves these trampoline places and had made us promise to take her back.


We got home later that afternoon and I started laundry and getting everything laid out for today.  I died of exhaustion around 10pm only to wake up around 1am to a son who has recently discovered there is no place better to sleep than RIGHT next to his mama.  This habit will end soon because I'm tired of my eyes burning every morning and feeling like I've been run over by a truck.

No comments: