Monday, July 20, 2015

The Weekend

If there was ever a weekend when we did absolutely nothing but stayed busy the whole time, it would be this weekend.  They only exciting thing we did was go to the Konow's to hangout and let the kids run wild. 


They had two inflatables and a swing set to keep them busy all night.


They paused for a brief moment to sing happy birthday to JP and eat cupcakes.  Then they were back at it until we left.

C is obsessed with my friend Kelly.


She showed up a little later than the rest of us and C asked why she was there.  I said, 'why do you think?'  Without skipping a beat she said, 'to see me.'  I told her that is exactly why she was there.  Ha!  I later found C curled in Kelly's lap telling her who knows what.

 

We are so lucky that all our kids get along and are around the same age so we can get together and not always have to worry with getting babysitters.


Sunday after church, I had several things I had to do and putting up corn was one of them.  Not a super fun job but I enlisted the help of my favorite sidekick and she kept things interesting.


Like fighting with the clear wrap and being done after 2 ears.  Umm sorry, you've got 20 more to go.  She asked a hundred times why we had to do this.  I told her so she could have corn this winter.  We were both glad when that job was done.

No comments: