Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Weekend

Our weekend kicked off a little early thanks to a little thing called pink eye.  This is our second round in a little over a week and if you thought I was a germaphobe before, you should see me now.  I'm constantly yelling, 'DON'T TOUCH HIS FACE!!!' 'DON'T USE THAT RAG TO WIPE HIS EYES!'  'Did you wash your hands?'  'Go and wash them again.'  I've wiped down everything in my house twice and I'm hoping we are done with it.  If not, I'm burning my house down.

At least its not bothering our little patient.



He even managed to say his first word and naturally since I was caring for him on Friday, it was dada.  For real?  Annoyed doesn't even begin to cover my feelings.

I was hoping to get a little quality time in with C on Friday but she decided that she was going to be possessed instead so short of me going off, I loaded her and her brother in the car for a ride.  I was hoping they would nap and U did but C sat quietly and watched a movie.   Well she was quiet except every few minutes she would ask where we were going.  Pretty sure she thought I was going to drop her off on the side of the road.

After my nerves returned to a semi normal state, I stopped by Sonic for some cool treats for us.  I really need something stronger but that is typically frowned upon at such an early time so a coke had to do the trick.  We ended up dropping off a cool treat for B at work as well and since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped to see my dad too.  To both my and C's delight, he told her she could come home with him.  He and my mom were going to the square to listen to music and it is one of C's favorite things to do.  We needed some space from one another and she couldn't jump out of the car fast enough.  I guess that's what happens when you have a child EXACTLY like you.

Saturday, our day was calmer and we enjoyed the hot weather the only way you can, in a kiddie pool.

 

C loves for us all to get in and play.  

Sunday was filled with a lot of nothing too.


We tried to hit the park late afternoon but U wasn't feeling the heat.



So we headed home and C and I got back outside for a little girl time.


The First Day of School countdown is on and we plan on making the most of it the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh bless his heart! Hope his eye is all better now!