Monday, March 1, 2010

Great Friends

This weekend was all about our friends and spending time with them. Friday night we had what is probably our last double date for awhile with Jac and Corey. I hate thinking that way but the reality is that I am due in 3 weeks and could pop at any moment. We had a great dinner at Montana Grill and spent the whole time catching up and talking about our upcoming arrivals. It has been just absolutely wonderful going through this experience with Jaclyn. I read an article sometime back that some women get jealous when their friends announce they are pregnant at the same time they are. That has never been the case with me. I remember the night I told Jac I was pregnant, I sat there waiting for her to tell me the same. When she finally told me a week later, I was so excited for them and jealously was the furthest emotion I was feeling. I love being able to talk to someone who is currently going through the same emotions, sickness, and planning that I am. Its been great!

Saturday morning Brent and I went to Bowl for Kids Sake so he could bowl for Target's team. This was his second year to bowl and we always have a good time. They usually have two teams and it is fun to watch the competitiveness between the two teams.

Saturday afternoon our Sunday School class had a shower for us and we were yet again showered with wonderful gifts. We have really enjoyed getting to know everyone in our class and it was fun to hang out with them in a social setting. They are all wonderful people and it was so sweet of them to host a shower for us even though we aren't officially members yet.

Sunday I spent a couple of hours with my book club girls. It was my month the select a book and host the meeting. We met at Starbucks and had a great time talking about the book and hanging out. They even brought gifts for me to open. They had planned a shower for me last weekend but at the last minute there was an unexpected trip to Urgent Care by one of the hostess so we had to cancel. She hated to cancel but I completely understood. I hated that she was so sick and she is still trying to get over it. This funk in the air is just getting everyone. I can't wait for spring!

I wish I could say that things are slowing down but they are just gearing up. I have a busy week ahead as well as another busy weekend. I actually like being this busy because it makes the time go by and I don't sit around thinking about what is about to me in 3 weeks!

No comments: