Monday, September 20, 2010

Halfway Point

We are at your halfway point now and I'm pinning my eyes open so I'm not missing a moment.

Things change daily and I will soon enough be having a meltdown at your one year mark but like I wrote in your book, I will push away the 'oh my gosh where has the time gone' and the 'oh my baby is growing so fast' to high five all the accomplishments of this month.


I'm guessing you weigh around 20 to 25 lbs, you are wearing size 3 diapers, 6-9 month clothes, and are eating a bowl of cereal in the morning and about a jar of food at night.

You started sitting up by yourself one day and you have no idea what life was like beforehand.


(thanks again Uncle Mayo for the card!)
You will sit for hours and play with your toys on your mat. This has also made it more fun taking you out to eat and to the grocery. We put you in both a highchair and a cart for the first time Friday night. You loved both and you made your Mama so proud by almost falling out of the highchair trying to catch a glimpse of the table behind us! Nosy Rosy in training!

Bathtime has also become easier. Well I say that then I spend the whole time worrying about you drowning even though I have a death grip on you! You enjoy sitting up and discovering your bath toys. You are a bit more fascinated with the cup that I rinse you with which is the way it goes. The one thing you don't spend money on to entertain your child ends up being their favorite toy!
Look at all your rolls!
In this month alone you have had pink eye, a stomach bug which then lead to some fun stuff, and a major diaper rash. I didn't know how to handle myself this week with no phone call from the daycare! Of course I am knocking on every piece of wood we have in the house because now that I said that I will get 3 this week! :)

We are getting more laughs out of you these days and Daddy can get you the most tickled!

Something about him rubbing your feet or hands against his scruffy face gets you so tickled! It is so funny listening to you carry on!

Last week we had to implement "crying it out" at bedtime. You were getting to used to sleeping on me at night that when I laid you down you woke right back up. It wasn't the most fun week but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I only had to get you one night and rock you to sleep.
Last night I got the genius idea to put your doll in there with you to keep you company and it worked like a charm!

I heard two whimpers out of you and that was it. You just need someone to talk to before bed and Maison was the perfect solution!

After Aunt Jac told me I needed to stick my finger in your mouth to see if you had any teeth coming in, I found what feels like teeth. Daddy says there's not any but I swear it feels like it. You are taking your pacifier out of your mouth to chew on it a lot lately and whatever can get in there, gets in! I'm sure the ped will tell us later this week who is right. (Me!)
You have developed 2 nicknames, which I will go ahead and apologize now for them. I had nothing to do with either. It is so funny that when we tell people your name the very first thing out of their mouth's is "what are you going to call her?" Uhh her name.
Anyway, Daddy has given you the name Gee. He kept calling you 'girl' which drove me nuts because I was afraid you were going to think it was your name. Somehow Gee came out of all that and it has stuck. Of course he says it so much now I say and you answer more to that than Cecilia!
CC is the other name you get called which is the most common shortening of your name. I have no idea if either will stick and I'm sure when you get in school another one will arise.


We are having a blast cruising through life and are lovin' watching you grow and learn. Next month I'm sure holds just as many accomplishments as the ones before.

Daddy and I love you, Gee!

No comments: