Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stats

Yesterday I took Cecilia to her 6 month check up. It actually came at a perfect time because about 11:30 am I hear "Mrs. Miller this is ______ at the daycare. Cecilia just woke up and she is really hot and has a temperature."

"Someone will be there in a bit." This was the 2nd call two days in a row. I should have never opened my mouth in the last post.

Thank heavens my Dad works in BG and has a pretty flex work schedule because he was able to pick her up and watch her until I got home.

Anyway, back to her doctor's appointment. She is weighing in at 19lbs 8oz, is 27 1/4 inches long and has a head circumference 44 1/2 cm. She is still in the 94% or higher percentile in all the categories.

She is moving right along in her weight gain and overall growth and we are working on our 2nd double ear infection. That's right I said 2ND DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! All the symptoms were there, very sleepless night on Tuesday, high temp, and not eating well, but since I found those teeth I chucked it up to teething. Wrong-O Mary Lou! She took one look at her right ear and said those magic words, 'oh its red.' The left was red too but not as bad. The great part of all this was since she wasn't feeling well the doctor decided not to give her her shots. Thank you, thank you! Brent was out of town so I had no back up and was dreading the whole thing. So now we get to go back in 2 weeks for an ear checkup and shots. At this point I'm honestly thinking about renting an office at the building and just living there. I mean the money I would save on gas alone would pay for all the meds I keep having to buy.

After a trip to the pharmacy (thank you very much for having the right medicine this time!), we went home and she took a long much needed nap. And to her surprise she woke up to a big brown package on the front porch. Hmm wonder who this is from. Ahh Leslie, my brother's girlfriend, sent Cecilia a 6 month birthday gift with a very cute outfit of brown and blue and some new bath toys. This cheered everyone up. I mean who doesn't love gifts when they aren't feeling well? Thanks again Leslie!

Now we are just hoping after another sleepless night Cecilia will find some kind of comfort today.

No comments: