Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shower #2: Done

Yesterday I helped host a bridal shower for my good friend and co-worker Jennifer. She is about a month away from getting married and we are all super excited for her and I was even more excited to give her a shower.

We decided to do a very simple theme using lots of whites, browns, and neutral colors. We wanted the colors to match our bride and I think we nailed it!


Here is a close up of the centerpieces. I thought they turned out really cute! In the bottom on the vase with a candle we put coffee beans. It added not only a nice touch to the centerpiece but the room smelled great!


One of the girls thought it would be cute to dress up the napkins to lay at each setting. I made the tags and she did the rest. Love them!

The cake and the arrangement for the food table.



Finished product of the table.




The bride (second from left) and the hostess.


The whole room came together beautifully and I couldn't be happier with the turn out. I think Jennifer really liked it as well. I guess I will see tomorrow at work when we chat about it!
While we were there, Cecilia made a new little friend. Jammy (third from the left in above picture) has a son about 3 months older than Cecilia. At the end of the shower we sat them down in front of each other and they were smitten from the beginning!

Is this not the cutest! They were both grabbing at each other and talking to one another. It was the funniest thing to watch! Landen would talk and Cecilia would look at him. Then she would talk and he would look at her then turn his head from side to side! I swear we sat there for 20 minutes watching them interact. We may have to get those two together again!
After the shower we had a date with Uncle Mayo (my brother) and Leslie to Skype. It has been awhile since they have gotten to lay eyes on her so we scheduled a Skpe session.

Cecilia hasn't quite got the Skype thing down yet. Brent has Skyped with his parents a few times and she can't really figure out where the voices are coming from! But I guess at this point it is meant for them to see her. Interaction will come later.

We have had a very busy weekend as usual and it only gears up from here. I think sometime in later October we actually have nothing planned. I'm not sure we will know what to do with ourselves!

No comments: