Monday, December 20, 2010

9 Months

What a wild and crazy month! You have blossomed so much and done so much that I hope I get it all documented!
I'm not sure of your stats but we will know those when we go to the doctor. What I do know is you are in 12 month clothes and sleepers, size 3 diaper and size 2 shoe. You still are eating a vegetable and fruit at night and oatmeal in the morning. We have started letting you have small tastes of regular food like biscuits, mashed potatoes and ice cream MAY have made it in your mouth. We of course don't go over board, just a tiny taste.
You have learned to move a bit. You will get on all fours and crawl backward and move from side to side but you have no idea how to go forward. If there is something in front of you that you want, you will lay on your belly and stretch as far as you can. If that something is out of that reach, you give up and move on to something a tad closer.
You are trying to pull up and can stand like a champ.
Everyone keeps saying you about to walk but who knows. You always do things on your time not ours.

You are lovin' the holiday season and all the decorations. The plus about you not crawling is my tree can stay intact. You try to get close but have not succeed yet. If I have a lapse in judgement and put you next to the tree you grab the branches and let go making the ornaments fly off. This does not happen very often because when you are mobile I don't want that to be a habit!
You have found a real interest in books lately. Not only do you like to shove them in your mouth but you do like to be read to. You know exactly where the books are at home and at Momoi and Pap's. If we sit in the chair next to the books you are leaning over trying to grab one. You love the pictures and bright colors.
You and Colt have found common ground. He now understands that you are another person that will play ball with him and he loves it! You love grabbing the ball and keeping it away from him. You giggle and squeal when he starts nudging it in your hands and trying to take it back. I'm not sure why you love it but you do.
You have extended you vocabulary this month. You have added Mama (thank you very much! it was about time!) and uh-oh. Daddy is still your favorite word to say and when I ask you to say Mama you either say Daddy or stick your tongue out at me. That's just your way of showing me how much you care!

On the health front we haven't had to go to the doctor in about 7 weeks (high five!) but I will not get too cocky because you developed your usual congestion late last week and who knows where that will lead. We had a rough morning so we called for backup (Nanny) to keep you today. You love staying over there with her and she loves having you there. I'm not sure which one of you giggles the most during the day! She said you did great all day and she had no problems. You left those for me.

I'm looking forward to our week ahead with the various Christmas things we have going on. I'm praying you get better so we can have a sick free 1st Christmas.
Gee, you are growing so fast! Hard to believe we will be celebrating your 1st birthday in 3 short months! Daddy and I love you!

No comments: