Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Poof! Its Over.

My dad is notorious for saying after every Christmas, 'Poof. Its over.' He didn't get that chance this year; we said it first.

It seems that Christmas went as fast as it came but we were able to savor the moment and celebrate with friends and family.

We started our Christmas week with a small gathering with my bookclub girls. I was the host this month so the girls came to my house for dinner, gift exchange and a nice relaxing evening of catching up. We had a wonderful time and it put us all in the Christmas mood.

Thursday I had to work a bit so Cecilia got some lovin' from Momoi, Pap, Uncle Mayo and Aunt Leslie. We also had a doctor's appointment for her 9 month check up that afternoon and after one chest x-ray, one pricked finger and 2 hours of her and I both crying, we came home to make Santa some cookies.

Except I didn't have enough butter for cookies and the dishes I was making for Christmas morning so we got all dressed up nothing. Well not nothing, Cecilia loves playing with the spatulas.

Friday was a much better day for us. We went to my parent's to have Christmas and dinner with them and my two grandmothers.
Cecilia by far had the most gifts and was spoiled rotten!





After about what felt like an hour of opening gifts, there was a knock at the door. To our surprise, Santa's elves made a pit stop at my parent's house to drop off a new pair of jammies for Cecilia to wear Christmas Eve!



You can tell she was super excited!
At the end of the night, we headed home on the SNOW COVERED roads! We had our first white Christmas in I don't know how long making her first Christmas perfect!
We set out the cookies and milk for Santa...

and headed off to bed.

Christmas morning, my family came over for breakfast and to watch Cecilia open all her gifts but not before Pap could get a photo shoot in.





Cecilia must have been a good little girl the past 9 months because she was showered with lots of toys and clothes!



Clearly even we were excited about her toys!



My house was trashed but it was all worth it. She didn't have a clue as to what was going on but it was fun to watch her eat tissue paper and pat the boxes.


That night we headed to my Nanny's for dinner and gifts with them.

We had a little wardrobe change in the middle of gifts to show off C's new Christmas tutu.

Thanks again Aunt Leslie! Too cute for words!

Our last Christmas for my family was Monday at my Granny's. Cecilia walked away with some new books which she of course LOVED! The kid eats up some books and not just literally. She loves to be read to. And a new little, well not so little, bucket decorated with colorful dots and her name. So cute and ready for our next party!
We are worn out and holding our eyelids open with toothpicks but it was wonderful and unforgettable!


Peace out!

No comments: