Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

Sunday was a day filled with lots of sleep and pure laziness.  Cecilia's sleep was a little out of whack for some reason and she ended up starting her day around 10:30.  It was fine by us because we were able to have a rare morning of relaxing.

Once she woke, I told her she should go wish her daddy Happy Father's Day.  She looked at me with a shy smile, looked at Brent then walked over to him with her arms out and gave him a kiss and a hug.  It was the cutest thing and a great way to start his day!

Cecilia got her daddy a box of his favorite candy, Sour Patch Kids as part of his gift because she knows how much he loves candy.  She was dying for a piece so he opened up the box and let her have one.  It took her .02 seconds to spit it out...

 She smacked her lips for a little while after trying to get the taste out.  She tired a second time but it ended in the same result.

When we finally got motivated to get ready for the day,  we took Brent to one of his favorite lunch spots, Zaxby's!

 I was nervous we would have a repeat of Wal-Mart and Target but she was on her best behavior.  She charmed everyone there by waving and smiling.
After a short nap, we headed to Franklin to have dinner with my parents.  Mom and I were cooking since the boys cooked for us on Mother's day.  We had quite the fest and were almost too full to eat the Sundae pie Mom had made...almost.  I do believe a few men in our family had seconds.

We had a nice time visiting, playing with Dawson and telling him to shhh and we even got to Skype with my brother.

We didn't get too far down the road before we saw this...

We have had a lot of fun this weekend and she just couldn't handle it anymore!

Cecilia was blessed with one special daddy.

 He showed me early on (before we were even dating actually) that he would be good with kids when he picked up a baseball and started throwing to a couple of little boys he barely knew.  The interaction between the 3 of them was priceless.  He had no idea I was watching but that scene has stuck with me all these years.


Despite knowing nothing about little girls, he has hung in there playing with dolls, getting her ready every morning and putting up with a lot of pink!

Because of my special relationship with my dad, I'm excited that Cecilia has the same loving, involved dad like I had.  There's not a better moment in the day than when she realizes her daddy is home and runs full force at him.  They brighten each other's day.

No comments: