Sunday, June 26, 2011

10 Years Ago...

I graduated high school.  It was a very emotional time for me.  About a month before graduation, I realized everything was about to change.  Not just moving out of my parent's house but my friendships.

My senior year I had grown close to a group of people that to this day I still love very dearly.  With school coming to an end, I knew my relationship with those people would forever change.  Even though we were all headed to the same college, I knew it wouldn't be the same.  We would find other friends/groups that more fit our style.  Plus we were just growing up.  It's what happens.

Last night though, we all got together one more time at our 10 year high school reunion.  I still feel like it was just a month ago I wore that blue cap and gown and walked across the stage to accept my diploma.

I wasn't that jazzed about going but went anyway hoping to see a few faces I haven't seen in a while.  I really didn't think anybody would change that much over 10 years but there were several times I was pointing saying "whose that?"  "did they graduated with us?"

I played the awkward 'oh my gosh! I haven't seen you since high school.  What have you been up to?' game.  I HATE the catch up game.  My life always sounds extremely lame and then there is the point of not knowing a good time to walk away.

I pushed through and made the best of it.  It wasn't a horrible night.  Started off like a lame high school dance; everyone sitting around waiting for that one brave soul to get the party started.  I declared at 9pm that we were either going to get off our tails and have some fun or I was going home.  We got off our tails.

More people joined the dance floor and we partied like we were back in high school.  And I may or may not have lead the train around the room with a long line of my classmates behind me.

At the end of the night, I can say I had a pretty good time.  And my date?
 Seemed to meet and greet more classmates than me!  I love when I drag him to things and he ends up getting to know more people than me!  My little social butterfly.

I wish I had more pictures of our little group but I was busy rockin' it out or to be more accurate lazy.  I guess I'll have to stalk Facebook under my mom's account to see if anyone got any good pictures.

No comments: