Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Balance

We were able to manage a nice balance of fun activities with lots of down time over the holiday weekend.

Friday night we went to my friend Jennifer's husband's work for a cookout and to watch the community fireworks. 
Cecilia did really well for no nap and staying up WAY passed her bedtime.  She loved watching the older kids play and run around.  She was even able to get off my hip for about 20 minutes while Betty Jane toted her around!

Sidebar:  Looking back at this picture no wonder she was called a boy several times!  She had a red bow to complete her red, white and blue attire but Brent decided to draw attention to it and she plucked it right out!  They both got in trouble.

The fireworks were great and Cecilia seemed to enjoy them as much as a 15 month old can.  We considered it a success since she didn't scream or cry!

Saturday, Brent and I went to a Red's game while Cecilia had a sleepover at my parent's.


I debated all week on whether or not I wanted to take her but decided it may be too much for her right now.  I realized in about 2 seconds of sitting down that it was the best idea I had had.  It was so stinkin' hot on Saturday that the devil sat right in front of me!  I saw so many little babies with red cheeks having meltdowns that I patted myself on the back for making the right decision.  I told Brent I would not be going to anymore day games.  I do NOT do hot weather!

Sunday after church we picked up Cecilia and headed to the house for lunch and our afternoon nap.

While we napped, Brent got Cecilia's pool set up so we could have a little swim later that afternoon.  She was pumped...

 



She wasn't too keen on the pool at first and wouldn't get off my lap but finally I just sat her in the water.  After the initial shock, she was good with it.


We will definitely get lots of use out of the pool this summer!
Brent had to work the 4th so Cecilia and I played a little and cleaned a little.  We had a very relaxing day and she was able to get more than 5 inches from my face!

Once Daddy got home it was complete silliness!  She discovered that the rubber duck from the day before still had water in it.  This lead to Brent spraying her down with it and her thinking it was the greatest thing in the world!


She would run away from him laughing and clapping then run back to get sprayed again.


She was soaked when it was all over and she could have cared less!

And Brent has been the parent of choice these past few days.  She only wants him to put her to bed and crawls in his lap more than mine at night.  Maybe, just maybe, we are getting over our clingy stage.

It was a great long weekend and only wished every weekend was 3 days!

No comments: